Blue Gum Markets and a New Bag

It was a gorgeous day yesterday so the kids and I went up the mountain to the Blue Gum Markets at Faulconbridge School. The markets are held once a month and there are stalls selling fruit and vegetables, locally made honey, organic coffee, second hand goodies, and jewellery. 




Mango season here in Australia which means summer has arrived! I couldn't resist taking a photo of this sign that an old guy had in front of his stall. 



There were some really good bargains at these markets. My son found an old robot for 50c, my daughter bought some new rose bud earrings for $5 and I found an old pottery mixing bowl to match another one I have for only $4.

 Reusable Shopping Bag



You can never have too many reusable shopping bags. This one is so much cuter than the green and black supermarket ones don't you think? I found this old tablecloth for $3 in a thrift shop a few months ago and last night I decided to make it into a bag. This pattern is fantastic, there are no handles to sew and turn out and it takes less than half an hour to make. If you'd like the pattern see Tipnut here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...