Make it Monday - Upcycled Storage for your Home

Morning!

Upcycling something old into something practical and functional for our family is one of my favourite things to do. Repurposing a beat up piece of wood or transforming a piece of furniture into something beautiful is heaps of fun, and it's budget friendly too.

Here are some ideas to get your started:


These shutters are often found in council clean ups or at salvage yards. Paint it a retro colour and you have a great system for sorting your mail. From Apartment Therapy.



It's rustic and such a clever use of space. Love this idea! Check it out on Apartment Therapy.


This hanging rack is made from an old cot/crib. The side of a cot can be used for hanging so many things - such as fabrics, neck ties, scarves, and towels. From The Art of the Rs.


A clever way to repurpose a skateboard into a shelf from Home to Life.



If you're drowning in kids artwork like we are then this could be the solution for you. A couple of months ago my husband and I made this kids art display using a salvaged piece of wood and some metal letter clips. For instructions see Art Display.

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! Your top image inspired me a LOT! I have two of those louvered doors looking for a home and I think I will give them a quick coat of spray paint, add a hanger and use them to display xmas cards this year
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! My daughter has just had a birthday and she likes to keep her birthday cards around for a while. One of these louvered doors would be great for them (much better than piles of them on the floor!).

      Delete
    2. YES! actually, I'm going to spray them a good colour that can be used for xmas and my boys birthday! They too like to keep their cards for ages.

      BTW I've awarded you with the "inspirational blogger award" . Pop over to my blog to see.
      Hope you have a great day!
      Tracey

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...