Twelve Truths in 2012

I read a post recently over at mummyzilla about blogging that really made me think. So much of what we read on blogs is a false presentation of reality and it saddens me to think that there are some people out there who don't realise that. The very last thing I would ever want is for someone to feel inadequate or down on themselves after reading about something I've made or an activity I've done with the kids. I like to think I'm pretty honest in my posts, there are more than a few about those interesting parenting moments after all. But just to be clear, when I show you something I've made, you don't get to see the ugly bits - like the fact that just out of the photograph is an unholy mess. Or that I really made 3 of them and you're seeing the one that actually worked out.

So in the name of honesty I've decided to share with you my Twelve Truths of 2012. I can't say when they'll be exactly... but they'll all be this year, and here they are (thank you to mummyzilla for these ideas):

1. What my house looks like right now

2. What I look like right now

3. Something I made that really didn't work out

4. Something I made that started out as one thing, but ended up as something else

5. Pass something on that was a gift/won/bought to someone else who will enjoy it more

6. Tell you about the chore I hate the most

7. Share with you one of my (many!) strange quirks

8. Tell you about what I find challenging when it comes to being creative

9. Show you a childhood picture of me

10. Share a project that I gave up on

11. Tell you the things I do in order to fit in creative time around the family and the housework

12. Give away something I've made

And just to kick things off here is number 1 crossed off the list. Yep, that's really what my house looks like right now. We're moving on Tuesday and it's a complete mess in here.


If you'd like to join me on this little quest please let me know, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...